This 'Enquiry, Booking and Confirmation Policy' has been developed by Dunedin Venues Management Limited (Dunedin Venues) to manage potential bookings for its venues.
1. If you make an enquiry, it will sit in Dunedin Venues' enquiry tracking system. This does not constitute a pencil booking. Dunedin Venues receives regular enquiries for venue and date availability, and any enquiry does not constitute a pencil booking until acknowledgment of a pencil booking is given in writing by Dunedin Venues.
2. A 'pencil booking' is a provisional booking that is yet to be confirmed.
3. Dunedin Venues will determine in its sole discretion whether or not a pencil booking will be given for an event.
4. If Dunedin Venues accepts a pencil booking, this is not a confirmed booking, and does not create a contract, arrangement or understanding to hire. It only establishes a priority system for pencil booking holders for potential events. For a pencil booking to become a confirmed booking the hirer and Dunedin Venues will enter a contractual arrangement where the venue will issue a venue hire agreement to the hirer based on the agreed terms.
5. You shall act in good faith in relation to any pencil booking. If you are given a pencil booking, you shall use your best endeavors to enter into a venue hire agreement.
6. Pencil bookings will only be held for 3 months (or such longer period agreed upon by Dunedin Venues in writing) At the end of this period Dunedin Venues may cancel your pencil booking without notice."
7. In general pencil bookings cannot be given more than 2 years in advance for multi-day bookings or 1 year in advance for single day bookings.
8. Until a pencil booking is confirmed it may be subject to challenge.
9. If another hirer applies for a date for which a pencil booking already exists, or Dunedin Venues requires the venue on that date, Dunedin Venues may issue a challenge. If a challenge is issued the hirer who made the initial pencil booking will be given 48 hours to confirm by entering a venue hire agreement and paying any initial payment instalment.
10. If Dunedin Venues does receive confirmation of the initial booking within 48 hours, it will be released to the other interested party.